Sunday, May 3, 2009

My Right Foot---Day 7: This Blog Again!?!?!


If you are reading this, know that today, I hate and despise you.


I also resent you quite a bit.


In fact, I have nothing but disdain over the fact that you get to go thru your life all piddly-piddly and who-dee-do WITHOUT having to write a daily blog.


Yes, I am quite enjoying my artistic excursions, thank you very much. But why I ever decided that it would be a good idea to write about this EVERY FREAKING DAY is now beyond me.


Frankly, it takes up quite a bit of my time doing this for you people. Do I even KNOW you? Who are you? And why are you reading my blog?


Don’t you have something better to do?


I was forced to tear myself away from a practice session that was going quite well, thank you, to tell you that I was, indeed, practicing the piano.


You see, this is why I don’t blog everyday.


After a few days, I start to hate you.


Earlier this week, while walking with my friend Dean, I began to complain about the heavy camera I had to cart around with me everywhere to take a picture of my right foot---if the occasion called for a photo op for one foot.


BTW---that’s the title of my latest abstract installation, “Photo Op For One Foot.”


Anyway, back to the story: As I began to complain, he (after a few glasses of red wine) immediately chimed in, “You don’t have to do anything you don’t want to do!” he said as he sauntered merrily down the street without a care or a camera weighing him down.


“Well, I DO want to do this,” I began to say, not bothering to really explain the project, “but this camera just makes my bag so heavy!”


Without bothering to give you the make and model of my nifty camera (again, don’t like you people so much today), I will say that it’s a digital video camera. Has a pretty decent digital camera on it and I’d rather use that than the lousy photos that come off my cell phone.


On Tuesday, the camera was heavy.


On Saturday, the burden was heavy.


You see, unlike in the rest of the working world---in the waitress world, Saturday is THE working day. It’s long, hard, and completely exhausting. And please remember that I FELL yesterday. Yes, I fell down. So I woke up this morning feeling just a little bit sore. Which naturally meant that I crawled back into bed for another hour.


And then I lounged in bed reading a book with my coffee until I felt like getting up. Because that’s just what I wanted to do with my Saturday afternoon, damnit.


But I kept thinking of you people. Yeah, I called you “you people”---wanna make something of it?


You people who were now expecting a well-written, yet concise, blog post on my daily 30 Day adventure---every single day!


And I can’t write about reading a book in bed! Have absolutely nothing to say about it.


Not that any of you really cared about the day I spent at the thrift store or the evening I pulled out my ballet shoes this week. But at least I tried to make it interesting for you people. I put forth the effort. But I was looking at a long Saturday night at work tonight and really just wanted to enjoy my day without feeling the pressure to find some meaning in lying in bed and reading a book on a dreary Saturday afternoon.


After that, I decided I wanted to play the harp for about half an hour.


Yeah, I own a harp.



You got a problem with that?


I’m working on a piece for harp and flute. Here you go, nosey-bodies.



And the rest of it is none of your stinking business. I have nothing of any great literary worth to say about it.


And if you have a problem with that…well then, you can just cart yourself over to some other writer’s blog and good riddance to bad rubbish, I say.


After practicing the harp, I went to work. And I did NOT bring my camera with me. So there! I’m not carting that thing around with me every day of the week! After all, I’m just working. What sort of artistic image of my right foot do you expect me to shoot while I’m WORKING?


Eugh. You people are relentless.


What I’m trying to say here is that Saturdays will not work for me. I sat on the train home tonight agonizing over what to say to you people, and frankly, it ruined my otherwise pleasant day.


I’ll post SOMETHING next Saturday. Not writing. But some sort of little surprise. I mean, come on, we’re not married. I need a break from you folks.


Right now, I just need to crawl into a warm, relaxing bath.



There, you got a picture of my right foot. Happy now?

No comments: