Thursday, December 20, 2007

Giant Microbes


Discovered the strangest idea ever---a company called Giant Microbes.

http://www.giantmicrobes.com

The premise is, they take a picture of a bacteria or virus in a microscope---and then they turn it into a stuffed animal! Genius! Amongst all the other oddities gracing my desk---I now have The Black Plague and Ebola. They’re so cute! I don’t know why they make me happy. They just do.

A friend of mine just had a birthday and he can now say that for his birthday, he got Gonorrhea, Chlamydia, and Syphilis. Don’t say I never gave you anything, Timmy.

However, the oddest part of the stuffed animals is the tag which not only gives you the history, symptoms and cures for the diseases---but also adds the safety precaution:

“Remove plastic hangtags and ribbons before giving to a child under 3 years of age.”

Which is more appropriate for a baby gift? Chicken pox or Mange? Hmmm.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hyacinth Girl-
I made my family go to the CDC for family vacation last year and their gift shop sold said Microbes! I purchased ebola virus for my old roommate. the boys purchased a pink worm for their half-sister; I pulled the Syphilis name tag off the stuffed toy so as not to create issues with the boys' mom. MaryPat

hyacinthgirl said...

Only YOU would drag your family to the CDC on vacation! How funny! I'm waiting for them to make leprosy so I can add it to my collection.